(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Dec. 9 — Dallas Billington Kirby, 54, of 1446 High House Road, Clinton, was charged with simple assault, communicating threats and resisting public officer. No bond set; court date is Dec. 19.
• Dec. 9 — Wayne Anthony McNeil, 53,of 455 Tram Road, Clinton, was charged with misuse of 911 system. No bond listed; court date is Jan. 17.
• Dec. 9 — Desmond Shamar Phillips, 17, of 964 HB Lewis Road, Clinton, was charged with simple possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance. No bond listed; court date is Jan. 18.
• Dec. 8 — Jackie Smith of Clinton reported the theft of two generators and various power tools, supplies and equipment. Items valued at $3,900.
• Dec. 8 — Sonya Calcutt of Dunn and BASF The Chemical Company of Durham were victims in motor vehicle break-ins. Stolen was a laptop, bookbag and cash. Items valued at $1,625.
• Dec. 9 — Cecelia Hudson of Turkey reported a break-in to an office building and the theft of assorted hand and power tools, valued at $500. Damage to interior doors and door frames estimated at $2,000.
• Dec. 9 — Katherine Strickland of Dunn reported the larceny of an Xbox, controller, games and accessories, valued at $665.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.