(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Jan. 29 — Lorenzo Torres, 30, of 3399 Cabin Museum Road, Turkey, was charged with assault on a female. No bond set; court date is Feb. 20.
• Jan. 29 — William Joel Oyola, 31, of 2924 W. Main St., Clinton, was charged with assault on a female. No bond set; court date is Feb. 20.
• Jan. 29 — Rodney Scott Parker, 32, of 6816 Faircloth Bridge Road, Stedman, was charged with larceny and two counts of second degree trespassing. Bond set at $500; court date is Feb. 12.
• Jan. 29 — Duplin Forest Products of Wallace was the victim of theft. Batteries, a chopsaw and welding cables were taken from a job site in the Harrells area. Items valued at $850.
• Jan. 29 — Hazel Troublefield of Maryland was the victim in theft of timber from the Faison area. Timber valued at $10,000.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.