(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Aug. 21 — Steve Dirk Mozingo, 57, of 4545 Bradshaw Road, Clinton, was charged with assault on a female and communicating threats. No bond set; court date is Sept. 21.
• Aug. 21 — Abasi Ahmed McCain, 37, of 161 Killington Place, Dunn, was charged with domestic violence protective order violation. No bond set; court date is Sept. 15.
• Aug. 22 — Leola Mozee, 31, of 504 Eleanor Ave., Roseboro, was charged with hit/run failing to stop property damage, improper backing and operating a vehicle with no insurance. Bond set at $2,500; court date is Sept. 8.
• Aug. 22 — Brian Timothy Alexander Bishop, 35, of 300 Wheat Lane, Clinton, was charged with resisting a public officer and contempt of court/court violations, failure to comply. Bond set at $2,000; court date is Sept. 15.
• Aug. 22 — Harley D. Pope, 21, of 414 Lucas Road, Roseboro, was charged with driving while impaired. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Oct. 15.
• Aug. 23 — Agnes Maybelle Chevallier, 55, of 1601 Beaman Woods Road, Clinton, was charged with two counts of assault with a deadly weapon. Bond set at $2,500; court date is Sept. 21.
• Aug. 23 — Mark Eugene Stennis Jr., 28, of 410 Calvin St., Roseboro, was charged with assault on a female and communicating threats. Bond set at $2,500; court date is Sept. 22.
• Aug. 23 — Whitney Lynn Lambert, 25, of 15401 Dunn Road, Godwin, was charged on Harnett County warrants with forgery of instrument, uttering forged instrument, obtaining property by false pretense and larceny of chose in action. Bond set at $10,000; court date is Aug. 28.
• Aug. 23 — Donald Callari Williams, 46, of 101 Laurel Wood Lane, Salemburg, was charged with unauthorized use of motor vehicle. Bond set at $500; court date is Oct. 1.
• Aug. 21 — Wilco Hess in Roseboro was victim of a gas drive-off. Approximately 140 gallons of diesel fuel, estimated at $350, was pumped and not paid for by a motorist.
• Aug. 21 — Nancy Vera-Gamma of Faison reported $1,500 in damage to her vehicle’s passenger side due to scratches, possibly inflicted by a key.
• Aug. 21 — Richard Stewart of Dunn reported a push mower, six push mower motors, a riding mower motor and two go-cart motors stolen. Items were valued at $375.
• Aug. 22 — William Beard of Dunn reported a 50-inch LED Smart TV, valued at $1,500, stolen from his home.
• Aug. 22 — Larry Jackson of Clinton reported various power and hand tools, valued at a total of about $350, stolen from an outbuilding.
• Aug. 23 — Dennis Owens of Salemburg reported theft of electronics from residence, including a laptop, 12-inch speaker box and a 1,200-watt amplifier. Items were valued at $1,050.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.