(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Aug. 24 — Domonic Melvin, 22, of 705 Sampson Homes, Clinton, was charged with assault on a female. Bond set at $500; court date is Sept. 15.
• Aug. 24 — Keith Smith, 43, of 3038 Bass Lake Road, Clinton, was charged with fraud-worthless check. Bond set at $500; court date is Sept. 15.
• Aug. 24 — Joshua Robert Talbot, 17, of 471 Serenity Lake Drive, Clinton, was charged with simple assault and criminal damage to property (vandalism). Bond set at $500; court date is Sept. 22.
• Aug. 24 — Teresa Mae Coats, 42, of 135 Country Manor Lane, Dunn, was charged with communicating threats. Bond set at $500; court date is Sept. 14.
• Aug. 24 —Daryl Antonio Rivera, 33, of 2455 E. Darden Road, Faison, was charged with simple worthless check. Written promise; court date is Sept. 15.
• Aug. 24 — B&B Farm Service was victim of theft, with LG 52-inch TV, valued at $500, stolen.
• Aug. 24 — Brian Smith of Clinton reported the theft of an air conditioning fan and motor, valued at $1,500.
• Aug. 24 — Morris Hall of Clinton reported a break-in to a Clinton home, with various power tools stolen. Items, including an air compressor, reversible drill, nail gun, belt sander and two saws, were valued at $650.
• Aug. 24 — Hog Slat in Newton Grove and Temporary Connections in Clinton were listed as victims in a fraud incident, in which company gas cards were used for personal use. A Shell gas card had $578.15 placed on it, and a BP gas card had $1,156.24 put on it.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.