(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• May 1 — Christopher Malcolm Bass, 50, of 105 W. Faison St., Clinton, was charged with communicating threats, larceny and failure to appear on a charge of driving while license revoked. Bond set at $3,000; court date is June 7.
• May 2 — Rolando Alexander Torres, 25, of 435 Platte St., Fayetteville, was charged with resisting public officer. Bond set at $2,000; court date is May 16.
• May 2 — Caitlyn Byrd, 22, of 806 Sampson Acres Drive, Clinton, was charged with communicating threats. No bond set; court date is May 29.
• May 3 — Eric Neil Benson, 31, of 563 Massey Road, Newton Grove, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon, assault by pointing a gun and communicating threats. Bond set at $1,000; court date is May 14.
• May 3 — Preston Lloyd Pittman II, 19, of 575 Halltown Road, Salemburg, was charged with parole and probation violations. No bond set; no court date listed.
• May 2 — Roy Faison of Clinton reported the theft of several items, including a cooler, 8-foot trailer and 18 horsepower lawnmower. Items valued at $3,840.
• May 3 — EVS Outdoor Power Equipment of Dunn and Tractor Supply of Clinton were listed as victims in the theft of a generator and pressure washer, valued at $600.
• May 3 — Jeffrey King of Clinton reported the break-in to an outbuilding, with the theft of television and power tools, including a mini welder. Items valued at $1,975.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.