(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Aug. 25 — Evan Hiram Gainey, 28, of 638 Gainey Road, Dunn, was charged with two counts of larceny of a firearm, two counts of possession of stolen firearm, larceny and possessing stolen property. Bond set at $15,000; court date is Aug. 28.
• Aug. 25 — David Swinson Jr., 35, of 114 Jacobs St., Clinton, was charged with communicating threats. No bond listed; court date is Sept. 21.
• Aug. 25 — Donna Wakeford, 33, of 12382 Boykin Bridge Road, Roseboro, was charged with larceny. Bond set at $300; court date is Oct. 1.
• Aug. 25 — Ella McNeil of Dunn reported a break-in with a TV and printer, valued at $500, stolen.
• Aug. 25 — Jerry Johnson of Dunn reported a computer, laptop and iPad stolen. Items were valued at $1,700.
• Aug. 25 — Samuel Powell of Clinton reported the theft of a trailer, valued at $500.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.