(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• May 16 — Wendell Junior Rich, 50, of 109 E. Faison St., Clinton, was charged with driving while impaired and driving while license revoked- impaired revocation. Bond set at $200; court date is June 6.
• May 17 — Jennifer Taylor Marie Hill, 41, of 112 Pumpkin Lane, Faison, was charged with trespassing. Bond set at $1,500; court date is June 27.
• May 17 — Philip Brandon Daw, 37, of 2136 Dr. Kerr Road, Clinton, was charged with failing to work after paid. No bond listed; court date is June 27.
• May 18 — Rudolph Valentina West, 56, of 440 Sampson St., Clinton, was charged with assault on a female. No bond set; court date is June 4.
• May 18 — Ortalay Corvette Pope, 36, of 440 Sampson St., Clinton, was charged with simple assault. No bond set; court date is June 4.
• May 16 — Ziva Bell of Faison reported a break-in and theft of jewelry, including two wedding band/engagement ring sets valued at $500 total. Damage to a door and frame was estimated at $150.
• May 16 — Peter Campos Jr. of Clinton reported the theft of four 20-inc chrome rims, valued at $1,500.
• May 16 — James Edwards of Newton Grove reported the theft of a radiator for a 1958 Farmall 180 tractor. The radiator was valued at $500.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.