(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• May 21 — John Lynwood White, 31, of 308 Eastover Ave., Clinton, was charged with assault on a female. No bond set; court date is June 12.
• May 18 — Theft of $1,000 was reported from vending machines at Go-Gas on Sunset Avenue.
• May 18 — Tommy Ammons of Clinton reported larceny of several long rifles, rifles, shotguns, an antique wagon wheel, air conditioner and air compressor. Items valued at $2,020.
• May 19 — Rebecca Bruce reported theft of a number of items from her motor vehicle in Clinton, including a Louboutin purse, Prada wallet and a number of personal items. Items valued at approximately $1,250.
• May 20 — Edward Townsend reported the theft of tools and other items from an enclosed trailer in Clinton. Nail guns, drywall guns, assorted drills, saws and an air compressor. Items valued at $4,285.
• May 20 — Theft of $500 was reported from vending machines at Express Car Wash in Clinton.
• May 21 — David Newton of Dunn reported the theft of jewelry, including rings, bracelet and a watch, valued at $51,000.