(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• May 26 — Christopher Malcolm Bass, 50, of 105 W. Faison St., Clinton, was charged with misdemeanor larceny. Bond set at $1,000; court date is June 25.
• May 26 — Tommie Davis, 57, of 214 Beaman St., Clinton, was charged with second degree trespass. Written promise; court date is June 27.
• May 27 — James Mitchell Bennett, 37, of 425 Dusty Road, Clinton, was charged with assault on a female. No bond set; court date is June 13.
• May 27 — Georgia Beatty, 65, of 511 Moon Johnson Road, Rose Hill, was charged on out-of-county warrant with trespassing. Written promise; court date is June 12.
• May 27 — David Anthony Vasquez, 41, of 1324 Old U.S. 701 Hwy., Clinton, was charged with driving while impaired and driving while license revoked. Bond set at $2,500; court date is June 28.
• May 29 — Daniel Wayne McLamb, 26, of 65 Elwell Road, Garland, was charged with fictitious information to officer. Bond set at $500; court date is July 19.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.