(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• June 6 — Dalton Colt Smith, 25, of 305 Puryear Lane, Dunn, was charged with possession of methamphetamine, two counts of larceny, simple assault and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. Bond set at $10,000; court date is June 15.
• June 6 — Ian Barbour of Autryville reported a residential break-in, with a laptop, 9mm handgun, .22-caliber muzzle loader rifle, Xbox One and cash. Items were valued at approximately $5,000.
• June 6 — Anahi Herrera of Clinton reported a residential break-in, with three TVs, surround sound system, a tablet and cash taken. Items valued at $4,625. Damage to an exterior door and frame estimated at $200.
• June 7 — Carl Davis Jones, 27, of 136 Lenora Lane, Roseboro, was charged with possession of heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond set at $4,000; court date is June 15.
• June 7 — Jonathan Edward Carr, 30, of 178 Old Brick Mill Road, Roseboro, was charged with possession of firearm by felon, possession of crack cocaine, possession of a Schedule II controlled substance, possession of marijuana and possession of open malt beverage container. Bond set at $15,000; court date is June 15.
• June 7 — Denis Amaldo Meza-Colman, 46, of 149 Woodcrest Ave., Clinton, was charged with misdemeanor child abuse. Bond set at $750; court date is June 25.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.