(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Aug. 28 —Ricky Jerome Robinson, 51, of 75 Murphy-Newkirk Lane, Rose Hill, was charged with simple assault. Bond set at $500; court date is Sept. 17.
• Aug. 28 — Antwain Terrell Harrison, 35, of 885 Cecil Odie Road, Clinton, was charged with driving while impaired. Bond set at $1,500; court date is Oct. 28.
• Aug. 30 — Jonah Phillip Smith, 23, of 4839 Roanoke Road, Newton Grove, was charged with communicating threats. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Sept. 24.
• Aug. 30 — Carie Melvin, 19, of 4839 Roanoke Road, Newton Grove, was charged with communicating threats. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Sept. 24.
• Aug. 30 — Robert Lee Young, 67, of 841 Share Cake Road, Clinton, was charged with assault by pointing a gun. No bond set; court date is Sept. 22.
• Aug. 30 — Christopher Kirk Wilson, 18, of 65 Sherwood Lane, Dunn, was charged with assault on a female and communicating threats. No bond set; court date is Sept. 20.
• Aug. 27 — Peter Butler of Clinton reported a break-in, with numerous items stolen including sterling silver flatware valued at $5,000.
• Aug. 27 — Clinton Dialysis reported damage to a sign, estimated at $500.
• Aug. 27 — Cape Fear Farm Credit reported vandalism, estimated at $500.
• Aug. 29 — Gregory Harrell of Clinton reported the theft of a metal homemade trailer, approximately 5 foot by 10 foot, valued at $3,000.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.