(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• July 30 — Justin Wayne Byrd, 30, of 159 Glen Harper Drive, Apt. 204, Clinton, was charged with possession of firearm by felon. Bond set at $10,000; court date is Aug. 10.
• July 30 — Manuel Lopez Jr., 26, of 138 Lopez Lane, Faison, was charged with assault by strangulation and assault on female. No bond set; court date is Aug. 10.
• July 30 — Brandon Medina Olivera, 16, of 43 Tyn-Co Lane, Godwin, was charged on out-of-county warrant with assault inflicting serious bodily injury. Bond set at $1,000 unsecured; court date is Aug. 29.
• July 30 — Lilliana Mathews, 19, of 2 Aragona Blvd., Apt. 227, Jacksonville, was charged with simple affray. No bond, court date listed.
• July 30 — Shakia Brunson, 24, of 618 Eastover Terrace, Clinton, was charged with misdemeanor child abuse. Bond set at $1,500; court date is Aug. 21.
• July 30 — Irene Parker, 38, of 1995 Old Mintz Hwy., Roseboro, was charged with simple affray. No bond, court date listed.
• July 30 — David Medina Velasquez, 41, of 595 Outlaws Bridge Road, Albertson, N.C., was charged with driving while impaired. Bond set at $1,500; court date is Aug. 20.
• July 30 — Ralph Williamson of Clinton reported the theft of two air compressors, three 20-pound LP gas cylinders, a kayak and a leaf blower. Items valued at $3,000. Damage to a gate lock was estimated at $20.
• July 30 — Angela Powell of Clinton reported the larceny of a .357 Magnum revolver, Xbox One and 20 Xbox One games. Items valued at $1,800.
• July 30 — Amanda Reyes of Clinton reported damage to her vehicle, estimated at $1,500.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.