(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• July 31 — Cammie Elizabeth Wright, 27, of 1063 Moltonville Road, Turkey, was charged with counterfeiting/forgery. Bond set at $5,000; court date is Aug. 10.
• July 31 —Brandon Clayton Wells, 26, of 126 Six Acre Lane, Dunn, was charged with misdemeanor larceny and possession of stolen goods/property. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Aug. 13.
• July 31 — Shermon Cary Melvin, 41, of 114 Elbow Road, Salemburg, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond set at $500; court date is Aug. 22.
• July 31 — Johnathan Sims, 52, of 60 David Lane, Clinton, was charged with violation of a court order. Bond set at $1,500; court date is Aug. 27.
• July 31 — Derwood Massengill Jr. of Dunn reported the theft of an iPad mini 2 and an iPhone 10, valued at $1,600 total from his home.
• July 31 — Taylor Johnson of Clinton reported the larceny of five firearms, valued at $6,200, from his residence.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.