(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Aug. 28 —Allen Mitchell Owens, 55, of 33 Templar Lane, Roseboro, was charged with larceny- auto parts and accessories and served orders for arrest. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Sept. 5.
• Aug. 28 — Jennifer Taylor Hill, 41, of 112 Pumpkin Lane, Faison, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Oct. 17.
• Aug. 28 — Jacob John Swallow, 24, of 271 Serenity Lake Drive, Clinton, was charged with injury to personal property and served an order for arrest for failure to appear on an out-of-county simple assault charge. Bond set at $600; court date is Sept. 18.
• Aug. 28 — Terry Lynette Melvin, 53, of 2551 Old Mintz Hwy., Roseboro, was charged with attempted breaking and entering of a building, injury to personal property and trespassing. Bond set at $2,500; court date is Sept. 18.
• Aug. 28 — Elizabeth Gamez of Mount Olive reported a residential break-in with two TVs and two jewelry boxes, including one that was 3 feet tall. Items valued at $2,800.
• Aug. 28 — Benjamin Osorio of Roseboro reported the theft of an air compressor and assorted tools valued at $850.
• Aug. 28 — Rhode Ortez of Clinton reported a break-in and theft of a 16-inch HP laptop, flash drive and cash. Items valued at $1,110.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.