(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Sept. 26 — William Alan Grote, 64, of 1100 Laurel Lake Road, Lot 14, Salemburg, was charged with assault on a female and communicating threats. No bond set; court date is Oct. 23.
• Sept. 26 — Dandre Whitfield, 22, of 121 RB Tyndall Lane, Clinton, was charged with communicating threats. Bond set at $2,000; court date is Oct. 30.
• Sept. 26 — Cheryl Bass Embry, 68, of 275 Dunn Road, Roseboro, was charged with simple assault and communicating threats. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Oct. 18.
• Sept. 27 — Jisaiah Athaniel Pagan, 22, of 611 Stetson St., Clinton, was charged with possession of firearm by felon. Bond set at $8,000; court date is Oct. 5.
• Sept. 27 — Carlos Javier Rivera, 19, of 181 Ruby Lane, Clinton, was charged with simple possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance. Bond set at $1,500; court date is Oct. 15.
• Sept. 27 — Jason Clay Costin, 16, of 682 Emmett Jackson Road, Faison, was charged with possession of marijuana paraphernalia. Written promise; court date is Oct. 30.
• Sept. 27 — Kenneth Lloyd Coats Jr., 32, of 1770 Eugene Jernigan Road, Dunn, was charged on out-of-county warrants with assault with a deadly weapon intending to kill inflicting serious injury and failure to appear on counts of driving while impaired, driving while license revoked and possession of drug paraphernalia and possession/selling non-tax paid alcohol. Bond set at $104,500; court date is Oct. 10.
• Sept. 27 — Charles Graham of Clinton reported the theft of assorted jewelry and a .38-caliber handgun. Items were valued at $9,640.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.