(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Oct. 22 — Rolando Jose Zelaya Jimenez, 31, of 458 Mattie Byrd Lane, Clinton, was charged with driving while impaired. Bond set at $3,000; court date is Nov. 7.
• Oct. 22 — Miguel Saul Gutierrez, 22, of Calypso, was charged with trespassing. Bond set at $300; court date is Nov. 15.
• Oct. 22 — Annmarie Johnson Hemingway, 42, of 184 Tarheel Drive, Clinton, was charged with two counts of fraud- worthless check. Bond set at $500; court date is Nov. 10.
• Oct. 22 — Nicholas Allen Ashley, 32, of 22 Stanbourne Lane, Clinton, was charged with larceny. Bond set at $500; court date is Nov. 15.
• Oct. 24 — Samuel Earl Powell, 24, of 154 Emerly Lane, Clinton, was charged with assault on a female and injury to personal property. No bond set; court date is Nov. 8.
• Oct. 22 — Quality Farm Equipment was the victim in a theft. A John Deere Gator, valued at $6,700, was stolen. Damage to a fence with barbed wire at the top was estimated at $200.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.