(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• July 23 — Carol A. Tew, 36, of 701 Red Hill Church Road, Clinton, was charged with simple physical assault. No bond set; court date is Aug. 18
• July 23 — Apolinar Ventura-Paz, 31, of 74 Francis Lane, Clinton, was charged with driving while impaired. Bond set at $2,000; court date is Aug. 6.
• July 23 — James H. Stevens, 51, of 151 JB Stevens Lane, Turkey, was charged with cruelty to animals. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Aug. 19.
• July 23 — Mara J. Wilson, 28, of 25 Dogwood Acres Lane, Block 13, Clinton, was charged with resisting a public officer. Bond set at $1,000; court date is Aug. 25.
• July 23 — James J. Garner, 32, of 727 Sampson Homes St., Clinton, was charged with possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond set at $5,500; court date is July 31.
• July 23 — Michael A. Williams, 20, of 9855 Old Fayetteville Road, Fayetteville. Bond set at $3,000; court date is Aug. 18.
• July 23 — Roderick L. Peterson of Clinton reported burglary – forcible entry, which occurred at his home on Big Piney Grove Road. Items stolen included presidential gold coins dollar; state quarters, various textbooks, blender, baseball cards, telephones, water pump, various golf clubs, doors and frames. The total value of the property is $4,599.
• July 23 — Michael A. McLamb of Newton Grove reported burglary – forcible entry which occurred at his single family dwelling on Prong Road, Dunn. The items stolen included a jewelry box and nail gun. The value of the items is $725.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.