(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Jan. 18 — Joshua Smith, 28, of 716 Williams St., Clinton, was charged with two counts of simple possession of marijuana. Written promise; court date is Feb. 19.
• Jan. 18 — Orlando Bell, 21, of 225 Dogwood Circle, Clinton, was charged with simple possession of marijuana. Written promise; no court date listed.
• Jan. 20 — James Kimberly Williams, 53, of 711 Sampson St., Clinton, was charged with driving while impaired. Bond set at $1,500; court date is Feb. 22.
• Jan. 20 — James Blake Bradford, 31, of 520 Fayetteville St., Clinton, was charged with assault on a female. No bond set; court date is Feb. 6.
• Jan. 22 — Vincent Keith Bryant, 49, of 7454 N. U.S. 421 Hwy., Clinton, was charged with carrying a concealed gun. No bond listed; court date is April 25.
• Jan. 22 — Victor Flores of Coats reported his utility trailer broken into, with numerous items taken. Various tools were taken, including 15 cordless drills, six staple guns, a nail gun, a 150-piece tool set, compressor hoses, assorted batteries and chargers. Items were valued at $2,900.
• Jan. 22 — Purdy Enterprises of Matthews, N.C., was victim in a theft of appliance, including a stove and gas heater, valued at $600 total.
• Jan. 22 — Wellie Sutton of Clinton reported the larceny of his 20-foot boat, valued at $10,000. A boat trailer, boat batteries and life jackets were also taken. Those items were valued at $2,320.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.