(The public reports listed below are provided by the Sampson County Sheriff’s Office, the Clinton Police Department and the N.C. Highway Patrol via the Sheriff’s Office daily jail report.)
• Feb. 12 — Antonio Devon Weathington, 33, of 3101 Wilmington Hwy., Harrells, was charged with assault on a female. No bond set; court date is April 12.
• Feb. 12 — Waylon Trice Hollingsworth, 34, of 690 Wiggins Road, Clinton, was charged with possession of meth and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond set at $5,000; court date is Feb. 23.
• Feb. 12 —Charles F. Long, 46, of 2001 Basstown Road, Clinton, was charged with possession of meth and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond set at $15,000; court date is Feb. 23.
• Feb. 12 — Polly Draughon Parker, 32, of 110 E. Westbrook St., Wallace, was charged on out-of-county warrants with felony larceny and possessing/concealing stolen property. Bond set at $10,000; court date is March 1.
• Feb. 10 — Jeanne Pope of Clinton reported the theft of various yardwork tools, including an edger, blower, hedger and chainsaw, as well as a walking mower and gas containers. Items valued at $1,467.
• Feb. 12 — The State of North Carolina and North State Environmental were listed as victims of vandalism, reportedly caused by a four-wheeler driving through a construction site on Bass Lake Road. Damage to landscaping and seeding on the ground was estimated at $1,000.
• Feb. 12 — John Toohey of Newton Grove reported a break-in to his barn with a Club Car golf cart and Honda four-wheeler stolen. Each was valued at $1,500.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents is asked to call law enforcement at 910-592-4141 (Sheriff’s Office) or 910-592-3105 (Clinton Police). Individuals can also text anonymous tips to the Clinton PD at 847411, beginning text with tipcpd.